Judge Drury is the CEO of Dennis C. Drury, PLLC in Troy, Michigan. After graduating from the University of Michigan Law School he served three years on active duty as a legal officer for the United States Army. The judge was in private practice in Oakland County for 15 years before being appointed to the bench in l984. He retired on January 1, 2013 after serving almost 29 years as a judge. During his tenure on the bench he credited with final dispositions on more than 17,000 general civil cases and more than 18,000 criminal cases. By special appointment of the Michigan Supreme Court he served as a Circuit Court “Drug Judge” on two different occasions. This appointment directed him to preside over jury trials of criminal cases charging possession and/or delivery of narcotics. This experience prompted Judge Drury to develop and implement a Drug Therapy Court. He served as the presiding judge for this court for over 10 years.
Judge Drury has been a Clinical Professor of Business Law from 1986 to the present at Walsh College in Troy and an Adjunct Professor of Law from 2007 to the present at Cooley Law School in Auburn Hills. He has also served on the faculty of numerous programs for the continuing professional education of judges and lawyers. He has written articles for professional journals and other publications.
The judge has been recognized for his dedication of his time and efforts in support of his community as well as charitable organizations on a state and local level.
- University of Michigan Law School Juris Doctor (1966)
- Michigan State University Bachelor of Arts (1964) with honors
- DePauw University Bachelor of Arts(1963)
- All courts of the State of Michigan
- Federal District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Supreme Court
- State Bar of Michigan (Representative Assembly; Committee on Professional and Judicial Ethics)
- Oakland County Bar Association (Board of Directors; Chancellor of the Inn of Court)
- South Oakland Bar (President)
- 2012 Qualified General Civil Mediator (MCR 2.411)
- 2013 Qualified Domestic Relations Mediator (MCR 3.216)
- 2013 Qualified Domestic Violence Screening for Mediators
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Federal Bureau of Investigation, Horace Sheffield Award for Outstanding Community Leadership (2001)
- City of Troy Distinguished Citizen (2001)
- Distinguished Jurist Award, Woman’s Bar Association (2012)